Daily vacuuming is more important than interim deep cleaning methods.
Dry soil is abrasive; when ground into your carpet, it cuts into carpet fibers—dulling appearance and reducing the longevity.
- Carpets cover 70% of the floors in the United States.
- Carpet can hold more than its weight in soil.
- 70–80% of dust, dirt and grime is tracked into a building from outside.
- 30% of dirt is deposited in the first 3 feet, while 90% is tracked off in the first 25 feet.
- Carpet soil generally consists of 85–95% dry soil and 5–15% oily soil.
- Carpet has a high surface area and is known to act as an organic dust sink containing bio-contaminants and allergens.